Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Heaven on Earth

I have always maintained that our family cottage is the closest to place to Heaven on Earth.

It is.

Without a doubt.

It's the place where I grew up.

The place I learned to swim and skip rocks.

The place where roasted marshmallows taste like a million bucks.

The place where, when you look up in the midnight sky, you can see "to infinity and beyond"...

The place where I can sit on the dock with my Dad and have those father/daughter head to heads.

The place where I met and fell in love with my husband.

The place where we married.

The place I remember my beloved 'Gram' the most.

The place we now share with our boys.

Creating memories.

Sharing love.

Just 'being'....

It is also now the place where Nicholas' stones lay... beautifully. On the landscape of our Heaven on Earth. Especially placed, facing the lake. Facing the spot where his brothers play the most. Where he would be if he were here....

His stones overlook our water. The lake which holds so many wonderful memories for us. He has a spectacular view.



We went up this weekend. To the cottage. It was Family Day here so we decided to take advantage of the extra day. It was really nice. Peaceful. Much needed.

We introduced Maddie to the cottage. Funny, I had just said that I didn't feel like Madison was quite "complete" yet because she hadn't been to the cottage. Now she has. And she loved it.....

8 comments:

Bluebird said...

What an incredible and special place. I have to say I'm a little jealous :) It really does sound just like heaven on earth. So glad you got to enjoy the weekend there with all your little ones.

Bree said...

I love that you have a holiday, called "family day." How wonderful to be able to introduce Miss Maddie to your family cottage. Nicholas' space looks really beautiful.

Caroline said...

How beautiful , sounds like a awesome place full of memories. I love the stones so beautiful.
Caroline

margaret said...

I think everyone should have a safe place like that Lea, a place that feels like home and happiness. What I wouldn't give for a refuge of my own right now, a safe harbour for my memories. I'm so glad you took Maddie to the cottage and that you had some peaceful time in a place that makes you so happy. Hugs

Emmy said...

So many memories layering one place! No wonder you call it Heaven on Earth!

With Out My Punkin said...

Sounds like a wonderful place, glad that Maddie had a great time!

Ruth said...

That is a great way to celebrate Family Day - remembering and spending time together. I have to say that I spent it sitting on the couch, but look forward to doing something special in the future.

Cristin said...

Lea,
that is wonderful. There is a piece of work by Pamela Redmond Satran "30 Things Every Woman Should Have & Should Know By the Time She's 30" and in it she says
Every woman should know......Where to go...Be it to her best friends kitchen table..or a charming inn in the woods....when her sould needs soothing.
I think you have yours and it sounds wonderful.

Post a Comment