Friday, October 23, 2009

Update on "Little Miss Sunshine"

It's been a little while since I have updated on our new beautiful blessing and many of you have been asking, so here goes.

"Little Miss Sunshine" is shining away. She is fabulous and making her presence known as often as possible. Oh, how I am enjoying those little movements fluttering in my belly.

I am now 28 weeks pregnant. 7 months. Wow. Unbelievable, really

I failed my glucose screening last week and had to return for the longer version a couple of days ago. Everything came back fine, thank goodness. That is really the only 'excitement' of this pregnancy so far (knocking on wood now).

We are taking one day at a time. One moment at a time. Sometimes one breath at a time. I am feeling like the memories of losing Nicholas, holding him, kissing him are so vivid again. This is a good thing, but also so very painful because I just long for the real thing.

The emotions of preparing for Little Miss Sunshine and feeling so incredibly guilty for doing so, while grieving our son, are quite overwhelming at times.

I found the perfect Wall Word quote the other day for the baby's room. It literally jumped out at me:

"THE ANGELS DANCED THE DAY YOU WERE BORN.."

How could I not purchase that?! Totally fitting... there will certainly be one very special Angel dancing the day his sister is brought into this world healthy.

12 comments:

Kristy said...

Oooh, WHERE did you find that quote? I LOVE it...if we were blessed to have another baby I would buy that in a heartbeat!

What a great update on Little Miss Sunshine. I am so happy everything is going wonderfully and that she is thriving. I'm also happy to see that you are enjoying every moment of your pregnancy...admist your worry of course.

*hugs*

Catherine W said...

That is a lovely, lovely quote. I'm sure the angels will dance, especially your Nicholas.
Glad to hear that everything is going well. xo

Lesley said...

What a precious quote!! glad to hear Little Miss Sunshine is doing well. Funny thing- our boys have nick-named our new baby 'Baby Sunshine"

Rikki said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going good. And that quote is so beautiful.
xxx

margaret said...

Wonderful Lea. I'm sure Nicholas will be guiding his sister safely to earth the day she is born. As for the wall picture, how perfect!!!

Once A Mother said...

Sending you and :Little Miss Sunshine: much love, good thoughts, and prayers.

Franchesca said...

That is so fitting! It is wonderful that your pregnancy has been uneventful so far. =) That quote is absolutely perfect, so true.

xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to get an update on your Little Miss Sunshine!
Thinking of you all tonight
xx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Perfect saying. Can't wait, I'm so happy for you.

JustAnotherJenny said...

That's a perfectly fitting quote for the wall!

I am new to your blog and catching up.

Your family is absolutely beautiful. May your little girl help you heal. Nicholas is watching over all of you.

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

I am just learning of Little Miss Sunshine. Congratulations! I will keep you in my prayers and positive thoughts.

Thank you for your support. It's especially appreciated right now.

Peace, my friend.

Holly said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well. I love the saying that you purchased. It really is fitting!! Praying that the last couple months goes by smoothly!

Post a Comment