Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bittersweet Spring


It is such a gorgeous day today... spring has finally arrived (although I hate to jinx it). I just find this "turn of the season" very bittersweet. On the one hand, the sun, the fresh air, the new blooms and sounds and sights of birds and animals emerging from a long, dark winter is refreshing, almost hopeful and on the other hand it's terrifying. This new season is just another tangible reminder that the world insists on going forward - while ours has been turned upside down. There is new life all around me, new life I want to be sharing with Nicholas. Gosh, we had such different plans for this new season...

7 comments:

still life angie said...

i too imagined walking with the baby in the spring air...that line of thought just floors me. i know how you feel, lea. bittersweet is just the only word for it.(((hugs)))

Ruth said...

i know. sending my love.

Barbara said...

I imagined the same. Taking my new baby out to meet the fresh spring air.

xxx

Hope's Mama said...

well I'm on the other side of the planet, so we are saying goodbye to sunshine, and welcoming cooler days and grey skies. it worries me...

Unknown said...

Spring is a time for healing an new begininngs. I know exactly what you mean but prayer that you also get some healing from the sunshine and warmer weather. xxxxx

Unknown said...

HA HA HA its snowing now........LOL I love the snow.

Anna said...

I agree the arrival of spring is quite bittersweet this year... hugs to you.

Post a Comment