Thursday, September 9, 2010

Poem

This poem just came in on one of my Bereavement Newsletters ~ pretty profound.

We are connected,
My child and I,
By an invisible cord,
Not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't be seen
By any on earth.

This cord does its work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.

I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.

The strength of this cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.

And though you are gone,
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.

It pulls at my heart
I am bruised.. I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.

I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can't take away!

Author unknown

6 comments:

Liz said...

beautiful!

Dana said...

Beautiful! I love it.

Kate said...

Wow...okay, this is simply beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.

Caroline said...

So beautiful !!!

Caroline

Lisette said...

I love that poem!!!

Cristin said...

wow. that is a beautiful poem. thanks for sharing it.

Post a Comment