Monday, September 27, 2010

A Butterfly Day

A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. For a brief moment, its glory and beauty belong to our world, but then it flies on again. Although we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky to have seen it.
~ Author Unknown


I went to a butterfly release on Saturday. It was beautiful, it was soothing, it was comforting, it was draining. It also was a completely different experience than I had anticipated.



I attended the release with a very special BLM, Linda . Her baby boy's second Angel Day was Sunday so I thought that the Butterfly Release was the perfect opportunity to honour her son.

The morning was cool and cloudy... a typical fall day in Ontario. However, as soon as the ceremony began the clouds broke up and the sun shone down, just in time to warm up our butterflies.



The entire experience was very humbling. I had expected the butterflies to take off as soon as they were released, barely giving us time for pictures. I couldn't have been more wrong.



They were beautiful, magnificent and truly a symbol of comfort and peace as they clung to our hands, flitted quietly in the air around us and landed gracefully on the flowers before they took off again.



We got some really nice shots of "Nicholas" and "Jackson" together.




It was an experience I won't soon forget.

Memorable, just like our babies.

6 comments:

Lisette said...

Wow that beautiful is that? I love the picture of the two butterflies together. I am happy that you got to experience this.

Caroline said...

So beautiful, what a wonderful memory made.

Caroline

Cristin said...

Butterflies. So graceful, gentle and yet so strong. You know how much I love butterflies.
I thought of you Sunday. I went to the Butterfly Pavilion here to get some silk yellow butterflies for a family photo session and whenever I saw the ladybug things I thought of you.

Sarita Boyette said...

Such a beautiful thing to do for our babies. I love your ladybug pin!

MEK said...

I just love the pictures. I need to see if they have anything like that in my area. It would be so COOL!

Holly said...

Wow how amazing to do a butterfly release!

Post a Comment