Friday, June 17, 2011

Blossom

Looking at the calendar the other day I realized just where we'd be had "Blossom" survived. July 15 was our due date and it's hard to believe that we are almost upon July. Madison decided to show up 4 weeks early... I can't help but think about the fact that this baby could have showed up early and been home right now...

Amazing what a blink of an eye can do. Amazing what the universe can throw at the human spirit...

To be honest, we weren't ready for another baby. I wasn't convinced that I could physically or emotionally endure another pregnancy. I was fairly certain that my mind would finally break from terror and I definitely wasn't confident that we could make it to the end. The emotional hazard of experiencing the horrifying loss of a baby, I guess.

But, in the short time that we knew about "Blossom", we planned, we accepted, we tried to put our minds at ease..... and we were comfortable with the fact that, once again, we had been blessed.

Every so often I think about what could have been where "Blossom" is concerned. I believe that our baby was taken because something wasn't right, but it doesn't make the wonder any less.

Just watching the calendar in remembrance and healing.....

7 comments:

Bree said...

Ah, Lea. Sending love. xo

Dana said...

Right there with you Lea. My due date with Cub was June 25th. Things should be very different.

Caroline said...

Blossom - what a beautiful name...Thinking of you & sending love & hugs.

Christy said...

Remembering "Blossom" with you, my dear friend.
Hugs.

Sarita Boyette said...

Blossom will always be a part of you and you will always wonder what might have been. I'm remembering her with you today. xoxo

Holly said...

Sweet love and tender hugs for you ♥

Our family said...

Our first angel baby was due July 4th, 2004 but lost at almost 12 weeks gestation. We named her Liberty John. And since all but one of my living babies came early I think lots of "what ifs" the end of every June. Sending love and remembering our angel babies with you,

Post a Comment